Summers spell an afflicting hot sun, intolerable high temperatures, and exceeding sweating. Spending a full day under the sweltering heat may you suffer itchy rashes, weeny reddish. When sweat is not thickened, blood purification becomes difficult resulting in sweat rashes in specific areas of your body.
The red rashes are tiny and into size of pin heads & come with itching. Usually prickly heat is come into your armpits, chest, waistline, back and even the groin region. If not treated these can stay on your body for days or months.
Though children are victim too much of it but anyone can be suffering from the scorching sensation of prickly heat. To get rid of this disgusting seasonal skin-disorder, using certain natural home remedies will be very beneficial. There is no side effect of these remedies and help effectively to treat prickly heat.
Here are 5 natural home remedies for prickly heat:
1. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is an exoteric treatment to prickly rash owing to its anti-irritating, anti-inflammatory and properties of soothing. It will have a relaxing effect on the skin and give relief instantly from inflammation and itching due to prickly heat.
Adding a little oatmeal powder to your bathing water, it will help to reduce prickly rashes & make you feel better. Another choice to reducing prickly heat is cornstarch. After having a bath Dust cornstarch every time.
2. Sandalwood Powder: Are you looking for a home remedy that can make your skin cool? No problem, Go for sandalwood paste. This paste is Another impressive and natural way to feel food, keeping your skin cool, and preventing heat rashes. It reduces itching and inflammation combined with heat rashes.
Also, Sandalwood is proficient into preventing plentiful sweating, which is a main reason behind prickly heat. Add sandalwood powder into equal amounts of water or rose water. Apply this paste to the affected area for relieve the symptoms. Twice a day use this paste.
3. Margosa Leaf: Margosa leaf, have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help control the prickly heat symptoms like itching and inflammation. These are also known as neem leaf.
Take the leaves of margosa and grinds it well. Also, to make a paste you can mix it with water. Apply this paste over rashes. These blisters will be cured and naturally will treat the prickly heat rash of developed stages.
4. Baking Soda: One of the most valuable solution to thorny warmth treatment is baking soda, that can relieve you from heat rash. It works as a proxy of light exfoliating that helps unclog pores by removing dead cells of skin dirt and several impurities. Also with the effects of soothing and anti-inflammatory it can relieve from the itching and inflammation which came with prickly heat.
With one cup of cold water take one teaspoon of baking soda and mix it. Stir the solution take a clean cotton cloth and dip it into the solution. Squeeze the washcloth over the affected area for five to 10 minutes. Continue four or five times a day for a week.
5. Ice Cubes: Ice is the most effective home remedy for prickly heat rash which is obtainable at every home. Using an ice cubes over the affected area will provide quick relief from sensations of prickling, inflammation, and itching.
Take a few ice cubes, wrap it into a cotton cloth and abrade it on the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. This process will comfort the symptoms of heat rashes. But you should avoid direct rubbing ice on your skin as it can cause chilblains.
At the end, we all know that, prevention is always better than cure. Keep this tips in mind to prevent the prickly heat rash:
- Drink plenty of water daily to stay hydrated.
- Do not wear tight clothes during summers season.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Try to stay in the shade when you go out.
- Avoid oils, ointments or creams.
- Try to eat fresh fruits and vegetable, avoid fatty and junk food.
- Bathing daily with cold water.
If you can’t cope with obsessive itching, better you should consult a doctor.